“Broad” in the news
Publications and example sentences
The New York Times
· Your Monday Briefing →
With high-end restaurants in Spain closed, the price of usually expensive prawns has tumbled, allowing a much broader clientele to enjoy the shellfish.
· Bursa Malaysia rises at mid-morning →
However, on the broader market, decliners outpaced gainers 522 to 403, while 321 counters were unchanged, 622 untraded and 23 others suspended.
· Trump so far dismissing advice to tone down rhetoric, address the nation →
There is broad agreement among Trump’s allies and closest aides that his current, largely incendiary messaging on protesters could backfire politically and also potentially further fuel the turmoil, these people said.
· Coronavirus Australia stats: Covid-19 active and new cases, numbers, map and data update →
We bring together all the latest on new and active Covid-19 cases, as well as maps, stats, data and graphs from NSW, Victoria, Queensland, SA, WA, Tasmania, ACT and NT to get a broad picture of the Australian outbreak and track the impact of government response.
· Bursa Malaysia rises in early trade →
On the broader market, gainers outpaced decliners 324 versus 244, while 287 counters were unchanged, 1,013 untraded and 23 others suspended.
· Dollar slips as investors focus on recovery outlook →
Relations between Beijing and Washington have nosedived through the Covid-19 pandemic, but investors were relieved that Trump’s move did not — so far — escalate tension over Hong Kong into a broader trade dispute.
· Tokyo’s Nikkei index edges up at open →
The benchmark Nikkei 225 index was up 0.10 per cent or 22.65 points at 21,900.54 in early trade, while the broader Topix index was down 0.05 per cent or 0.76 points at 1,562.91.
· Accenture: Strong Fundamentals But Not Much Upside →
Its consulting projects, which make up 56% of revenues, cover areas like strategy and broad fields including blockchain, technology and digital transformation.
The Japan Times
· Protests flare again in U.S. amid calls to end police violence →
Protests sprang up from Boston to San Francisco, with people robbing stores in broad daylight in Philadelphia and Santa Monica, California.
· Growth Pains? The Case For Leaning Into Value Over Growth →
It is within this framework that we can tilt within the broad and diversified range of styles and return drivers that allow us to respond and take advantage of what the market gives us.