· The baseball team that deliberately locked their fans out of a game →
Veeck Sr’s mantra was “don’t break the rules, but test their elasticity.” He hired a clown as Cleveland coach, buried the team’s championship pennant and once sent out a 3ft 7in pinch-hitter.
· (LEAD) Late 5th-early 6th century funeral relics unearthed at royal tomb complex →
Other items discovered, presumed to have been buried along with the deceased as personal belongings, included a gilt-bronze horse saddle, a bronze iron, a Korean traditional steel cauldron and various earthenware.
· Lilian Thuram: 'My classmates judged me because of my skin colour' →
Unsatisfied with his mother’s response, Thuram buried himself in books to find a better explanation, studying events that had created this damaging mindset.
· We must not let China use COVID as cover for a Hong Kong power grab →
China will be delighted, however, that a world media buried deep in COVID-19 coverage has left such a move off the front pages and afforded it much less prominence than protests in 2019 in response to a new extradition law.
· La Haine at 25: The prophetic French classic whose message fell on deaf ears →
The banlieues are buried in the outskirts of cities so that, for the rest of the country, they exist only as headlines or political talking points.
The New York Times
· Your Wednesday Briefing →
P.S.• We’re listening to “The Daily.” Our latest episode is about two Mexican migrant brothers who died of the coronavirus shortly after they got to their new home in the U.S. To fulfill their dying wish, to be buried in Mexico, their family must navigate a patchwork of pandemic laws and bureaucracies.
· Cuomo gave immunity to nursing home execs after big campaign donations →
But the carefully sculpted passage buried in the state’s annual spending bill expanded that by offering extensive immunity to any “healthcare facility administrator, executive, supervisor, board member, trustee or other person responsible for directing, supervising or managing a healthcare facility and its personnel or other individual in a comparable role”.
· How Trump’s business partner exhumed graves to build a mega-resort in Indonesia →
Ciletuh Hilir residents say that about 2,000 people are buried in the three-acre cemetery.