· Put your car keys down. Your eyes do not deceive you. Dominic Cummings really is the best we've got →
The other, and this really is the big one, is that this guy, who’s had seven weeks to think about it and come up with nothing better than the Top Gear eyesight challenge, this guy really is the guy who is so crucial to the nation’s health that every cabinet minister has rushed like a blind man at the wheel of a Land Rover Discovery to defend him.
· UK PM's top aide Cummings defies calls to resign →
Johnson was due to meet reporters on Monday after chairing a virtual cabinet meeting focused on a gradual lockdown easing
· Coronavirus updates LIVE: Global COVID-19 cases surpass 5.4 million, Australian death toll stands at 102 →
These new rules really do jump about a bit on the national cabinet's three-stage road map.
· Trust in the government is truly in jeopardy, and Dominic Cummings did little to help →
He should have referred himself to the cabinet secretary to investigate whether he had breached the lockdown rules or the special adviser’s code of conduct.
· Cummings row risks breach of public trust, says psychology expert →
“Those of us on Spi-B have been increasingly concerned about the extent to which the government’s approach to the behavioural sciences and the messaging, particularly, has been at 180 degrees from the kind of advice that we have been sending into the Cabinet Office,” said Robert West, a professor of health psychology at University College London’s Institute of Epidemiology and Health.
· Best Memorial Day sales 2020 →
It comes in five natural wood colors, features two rustic doors and includes two cabinets that can hide cords, remotes, family movies and more.
· Dominic Cummings draws condemnation from across UK society →
But tonight I must say: The PM and his cabinet are undermining the trust of the electorate and risks to life are real.” Pete Wilcox, Bishop of Sheffield
· The rogue civil service tweet spoke for most of us. I hope the author isn't found →
The Cabinet Office quickly announced that the tweet had been deleted, and that it was launching an investigation into what happened.
· Israel’s Netanyahu says he won’t miss West Bank annexation opportunity →
He has set July 1 as a starting date for cabinet discussions on the issue, which has also raised alarm within the European Union.
· Spain urges foreign tourists to return from July →
Cabinet was also due to announce 10 days of mourning to honour those dead from the pandemic.