|changed its call||呼び出しを変更しました|
· The Line of Beauty: Sex, anger, lust, danger: the semiotics of scarlet →
Red Riding Hood What was she called, before she put on the garment that supplied her name?
· Monitor lizard spotted in Delhi! Is the reptile venomous? Where is it commonly found? Check details →
And like all the other social media trends, this too led to a ton of memes — with some netizens calling the house where the lizard was spotted as ‘Jurrasic Bhavan.’
· I spotted Joanna Lumley in the local supermarket – her Bolly trolley made my day →
Young people won’t remember this, but at the very start of the internet, there was a gossip site called Popbitch where people would report on celebrities they had stood next to at a urinal, and most of the time they never saw anything, but OH.
· Season of two viruses? Scientists worried that dengue outbreak may aggravate COVID-19 crisis →
Explaining how the viruses manifest in the human body, Jameel said the dengue virus enters via a mosquito bite through the subcutaneous layer of the skin from where it reaches the lymph nodes that are rich in types of blood cells called monocytes, macrophages and dendritic cells.
· Pakistan requests backing of Islamic scholars over construction of Hindu temple in Islamabad →
In one video, a young man could be seen tearing down the wall, while in another a man stood on a pile of bricks and said Azaan (the call to prayer), as a declaration that a temple could not be built on the land.
· Trump could still bounce back, but it looks less likely than ever →
The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff called the Confederacy “treasonous” in a Capitol Hill hearing yesterday.
· Step away from the lager: wines that go with curry →
And surely it stands to reason that a fish curry doesn’t call for the same drink as rogan josh.
The New York Times
· Auctions Are Crimped as the Pandemic Forces Them Online →
Futures, the prices for wine that won’t arrive in buyers’ cellars for several years, have traditionally been set by working with wine brokers through a marketplace called the Place du Bordeaux.
· Here’s what the Washington football team should really be renamed →
As Karen Tumulty reminds us: “What do you call a bunch of millionaires sitting around watching the Super Bowl on television?
The New York Times
· Gemma Correll’s Pandemic Diary: Just Like Her Normal Diary →
Then I work on roughs — the initial sketches I do before drawing the final version — for the cover of a new middle school book I’m illustrating called “The Day the Screens Went Blank,” by the comedian Danny Wallace.