“Campaign” in the news
|during the campaign|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· The Line of Beauty: Sex, anger, lust, danger: the semiotics of scarlet →
Totter forward absolutist Sun King Louis XIV who, as part of his campaign to pacify the aristocracy, declared that only those in royal favour could climb into them.
· Luxembourg PM criticizes Polish leader’s anti-gay comments →
BERLIN — Luxembourg’s prime minister is criticizing the Polish president’s campaign against LGBT rights in the run-up to a closely fought runoff election this weekend.
· Goya CEO praises Trump at White House, backlash is swift →
Trump’s tone was in stark contrast from when he kicked off his 2016 presidential campaign by referring to Mexicans as “rapists” and railed against migrants entering the United States illegally.
· Jordan Henderson injury setback confirmed as Liverpool provide Dejan Lovren update →
Jordan Henderson has been ruled out for the remainder of the season - but Liverpool are confident the skipper will be fit for the new campaign.
· Eminem Says 'F--K Drew Brees' on New Song with Kid Cudi →
Brees and the Saints open their campaign Sept. 13 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
· Serbia, Kosovo renew 'very difficult' dialogue →
Serbia has refused to recognise Kosovo's unilateral declaration of independence after the province broke away in the bloody 1998-99 war that was ended only by a NATO bombing campaign against Serb troops.
· Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson will miss rest of season but will lift Premier League trophy →
The 30-year-old will not feature for the rest of the campaign, but will lift the league trophy at Anfield
· Revisiting MLP Vs. C-Corp Taxation As Election Day Looms →
Demonstrated progress on firming a proposal has been limited, with the most recent update from February suggesting the campaign would release a plan around September.
· Trump claims Biden couldn’t pass cognitive test →
Trump 2020 campaign manager Brad Parscale also taunted Mr Biden and wrote: “ He just said he’s been ‘tested’ and is ‘constantly tested.’ What were the results?
· Liz Truss is suddenly worried about a Brexit deal – but for the wrong reason →
Expect a “Get ready for Brexit – this time it’s for real” campaign soon to persuade businesses who sensibly banked on a transition last year that they can’t put it off any longer.