“Cannabis” in the news
|use of cannabis|
Publications and example sentences
· Cresco Labs Inc. (CRLBF) CEO Charlie Bachtell on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
While I'm very proud of our performance in Q1, this quarter was about building, staffing, integrating and refining our operations in the largest and most important cannabis markets in the U.S. and we are very well-positioned to see the fruits of that labor in the coming quarters.
The Wall Street Journal
· Justice Department Blocks ‘Essential’ Marijuana Workers From Bankruptcy Protection →
The Justice Department is preventing struggling cannabis businesses and their workers from accessing bankruptcy to weather the coronavirus-related downturn, even in states that determine medical marijuana is an essential industry during the pandemic.
The China Post
· Buzz kill: Pot shops reopen, but some fear another shutdown →
In states where recreational marijuana operations remain open, the pandemic has been a mixed bag, said Morgan Fox, spokesman for the Washington, D.C.-based National Cannabis Industry Association.
· 'Cannabis college': Five universities to offer first ever online marijuana courses, seeing opportunity amid coronavirus →
Five universities — three public state schools and two private Catholic colleges — have partnered with cannabis education company Green Flower Media to roll out first-of-their-kind online certificate programmes beginning in June, The Independent has learned, with roughly two dozen other accredited higher education institutions also considering partnerships.
· MedMen slumps after soft earnings report →
Now read: Cannabis Stock Investors Should Prepare To Ride The Third Wave »
· Teen's parents turn road tragedy into mission to save young Queensland lives →
At the time of the Coomera collision, Mr Hayes-McGuinness was under the influence of alcohol and cannabis and was more than 30 kilometres above the 110km/h speed limit.
· Cannabis Stock Investors Should Prepare To Ride The Third Wave →
Cannabis stocks likely ended a 27-month bear market in March.
· Users of high-potency cannabis four times more likely to report associated problems →
Users of high-potency cannabis are four times more likely to report associated problems, and twice as likely to report anxiety disorder than users of lower-potency strains, according to new research from the University of Bristol.
· Altria: A High Dividend Yield Opportunity →
It’s also worth noting that Altria has positions in a number of other businesses, including alcoholic beverages, cannabis and e-cigarettes (more on this below).
· How the free press worldwide is under threat →
“The stories were about a local GBH committed by a footballer, and the murder of a local man where there was a link to cannabis and his wife was the secretary of the then-MP.” After 19 months, during which she had been on police bail, Murrer’s trial collapsed after the judge ruled police had breached her rights.