“Capital” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Istanbul's iconic Hagia Sophia can be turned back into mosque, court rules →
The Hagia Sophia served as an Orthodox Christian cathedral for 1,000 years before it was turned into a mosque after the 15th Century Ottoman conquest of what was then the capital of the Byzantine Empire.
· Two top level executives quit Ola →
He has previously worked with WestBridge Capital Partners and spent over 15 years at Unilever.
· Trine: Riding With Cable Cowboy's Sidekick →
The bear case is one where you lose a quantifiable amount from today’s market prices (and IPO participants make a modest amount of money relative to original invested capital) and redeem shares at trust value.
· Stocks With A Perfect Dividend Payout Ratio →
We believe that companies with dividend payout ratios below 60% have achieved the right balance of returning capital to shareholders and reinvesting earnings into a company's business.
· Far Cry 6 leak confirms starring role for Breaking Bad’s Giancarlo Esposito →
The Far Cry 6 description also says players will be able to “employ makeshift weapons and vehicles”, and stated that this game would represent “the largest Far Cry playground to date”, with environments spanning “jungles, beaches and Esperanza, the capital city of Yara”.
· 9% Yield, 9% Deep Discount, Monthly Payer: Calamos Convertible And High Income Fund →
It's a closed-end fund with 514 holdings, whose investment objective is to provide total return, through a combination of capital appreciation and current income.
The China Post
· Serbia’s leader not worried about losing power amid protests →
After two nights of violent protests and clashes with police, peaceful demonstrations were held in the capital of Belgrade and several other Serbian towns on Thursday.
· No factory output growth data for second month in a row; govt to revise IIP policy →
Even as the factories output remained subdued in the month of May, IIP for primary goods stood at a slightly elevated level of 105.5, compared to 37.1 for capital goods, 77.6 for intermediate goods, and 84.1 for infrastructure or construction goods.
· Monitor lizard spotted in Delhi! Is the reptile venomous? Where is it commonly found? Check details →
The image of a monitor lizard that was spotted in the capital was shared on Twitter by IPS officer HGS Dhaliwal.
· Hecla Mining's Q2 silver output climbs 13% →
In Q3, Hecla says it issued C$50M of senior unsecured notes to Investissement Quebec with a five-year maturity yielding 5.74%; proceeds will be used to help fund Casa Berardi's capital expenditures.