“Capital” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· EV Company News For The Month Of May 2020 →
On May 19, BYD and Abriley S.A., the local distributor for Uruguay and a pioneer in Latin American transport electrification, delivered a fleet of 20 units of BYD 12-meter pure electric buses to CUTCSA, the country's largest urban public transport operator, in the Uruguayan capital of Montevideo.
· Sweet bread, apples and the tree of happiness: Yazidi weddings bring persecuted community together →
The dirt roads of Aintab, a village outside the Armenian capital of Yerevan, are narrow and rocky.
The New York Times
· Black Americans Have a Message for Democrats: Not Being Trump Is Not Enough →
Access to capital will dry up more quickly, especially for black business owners, and a coming “avalanche of evictions” could displace black renters across the country.
· Somalia: Six killed as minibus hits roadside bomb near Mogadishu →
A roadside bomb has struck a minibus near Somalia's capital, killing at least six people, according to police and witnesses.
· Coca-Cola: High Multiple, 'Leaky Equity Bucket', Time For Caution →
Equity is increased by capital raised from shareholders, and by earnings of the company.
The China Post
· Asia Today: India reports over 8,000 new virus cases →
The new cases are largely concentrated in six Indian states, including the capital New Delhi.
· Made in lockdown: Couples recast big fat Indian wedding, get back to simplicity →
”His words found resonance many hundred miles away in the Tamil Nadu capital Chennai where K Shakthivel got married last month on the terrace of his home.
The Japan Times
· Chinese media use race clashes to lambaste U.S. over Hong Kong →
Beijing has long been infuriated by criticism from Western capitals, especially Washington, over its handling of the pro-democracy protests that shook Hong Kong last year.
· Dominic Cummings took the public for fools. Now they want his head →
A great deal of that capital has just been burnt up in this bonfire of Cummings’ vanities.