“Captive” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Trump orders 9,500 US troops to leave Germany →
Trump has pressed Germany to raise defence spending and accused Berlin of being a captive of Russia due to its energy reliance.
The New York Times
· The Top Doctor Who Aced the Coronavirus Test →
“I look back on it now, a lot of the work I was doing with a group of captive men was prevention.
The New York Times
· Overlooked No More: Roberta Cowell, Trans Trailblazer, Pilot and Auto Racer →
Within days, Cowell and other British captives had been flown home aboard American Flying Fortress bombers.
· Fact check: Trump touts job gains as 'tribute to equality.' Black, Asian unemployment went up. →
The secretary-general called on political leaders to show solidarity with all people, on educational institutions to focus on “digital literacy” at a time when “extremists are seeking to prey on captive and potentially despairing audiences.”
· We can't go back to normal after the coronavirus pandemic. We must start respecting animals and nature →
Some infants will be transported illegally around the world, ending up in destinations like circuses, safari parks and zoos with inadequate captive welfare.
· How the M&E industry is likely to shape up post-Covid →
The television industry faces a unique conundrum with a captive audience but nothing new to air.
· The Toro's (TTC) CEO Rick Olson on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Our product sales through captive and partnered e-commerce sites were up significantly in the second quarter.
· Footage of police wrongdoing nothing new for African Americans →
Since 1619, when the White Lion docked in Jamestown, Virginia and two dozen captive Africans from south-western Africa's Ndongo Kingdom stepped forth, white supremacy has stubbornly resisted rationality.
· Pregnant elephant dies in India after eating explosive fruit trap →
Two captive elephants were brought to lead it out of the river but it remained unmoved, said Krishnan, who led the rescue team.