“Categorically” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· 'Cummings is the real boss': world's press pours scorn on Boris Johnson →
Yes, Libération declared categorically, “the answer is yes.
· Hospital angrily denies snake discovered in operating theatre, insists only monkey was there →
The statement, reported by the Guardian on Saturday, reads: “The Authority categorically denies that a snake was also found on the hospital’s compound and any information suggesting same is false, misleading and malicious.
· Boris Johnson faces renewed Tory pressure to sack Dominic Cummings →
He said Johnson had been “categorically assured” that Cummings and family had “followed the guidance and … the law”.
· Dominic Cummings: Minister dodges questions over whether adviser took sightseeing trip during lockdown →
Downing Street has also categorically denied that he returned to Durham in April.
· England lock George Kruis to leave Saracens for Japanese side Panasonic Wild Knights →
The Rugby Football Union does not select overseas-based players unless in “exceptional circumstances” although the governing body has not categorically ruled out selecting Saracens players who move abroad for England.
· Flights cancelled across India! Flyers left disappointed at airports in Delhi, Bengaluru, Hyderabad →
West Bengal government categorically stated that it would allow flight services gradually from May 28.
· Dominic Cummings not resigning over lockdown trip to Durham →
Earlier a cabinet minister categorically denied a claim Mr Cummings went back to Durham after returning to London in mid-April.
· Prue Leith defends Dominic Cummings over lockdown row: ‘How about a bit of kindness and tolerance?’ →
He categorically denied that Cummings went back to Durham after returning to London in mid-April, but failed to rule out reports that he made a sightseeing trip 30 miles from his family home on Easter Sunday.
· Grant Shapps dodges question on whether PM knew about Dominic Cummings' lockdown trip to Durham →
He categorically denied Mr Cummings went back to Durham after returning to London in mid-April.
· China continues to be belligerent along the LAC; Situation could escalate, say experts →
The army statement reads: “We categorically deny that the Indian soldiers have been detained at the borders.”