“Chaos” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Brexit LIVE: Boris Johnson's trade deal will look like 'clean no deal Brexit' on Jan 1 →
READ MORE: Brexit chaos: 'Difficult' UK-Japan trade deal talks hit impasse
· Commentary: The collapsing system behind the Beirut port blast →
(and) does thrive on chaos.”
· Thursday briefing: Leaders knew stockpile could 'blow up all of Beirut' →
The Telegraph shows the devastation too but stays close to home for its lead story: “Pupils face exam chaos ‘life sentence’”.
· Beirut’s blast and Lebanon’s deeper crisis →
The huge, deadly explosion that devastated sections of Beirut, the capital city, on Tuesday was the most visceral blow yet for a society that has endured generations of trauma, from famine to bitter civil strife to an influx of more than a million Syrian refugees to a cycle of political chaos and economic dysfunction that has plunged much of the country’s middle class into poverty over just the past year.
· A Bunch of Really Important Questions for BlackRock (Podcast) →
And because 2020 has been one of the stranger years ever, there’s no time like the present to engage with such a financial powerhouse — especially BlackRock, which has had a front row seat through all of the chaos.
· Brazil adrift as virus toll approaches 100,000 →
But then, political chaos ensued.
· Live updates: Trump insists virus ‘will go away like things go away’ as deaths surge, economy shudders →
The chaos early in the school year adds to fears voiced by many experts, who have long warned that reopening schools could accelerate the spread of the virus and endanger students and teachers.
The New York Times
· Doing Away With Convention →
On Politics is your guide to the political news cycle, delivering clarity from the chaos.
· Lebanon was already facing multiple crises. Now this. →
BEIRUT — “C’est Beyrouth”, or “it’s Beirut,” is a French term used to describe a state of chaos that has hit a place — a reference to the infamous chaos that lasted for more than 15 years in Lebanon’s capital due to the 1975-1990 civil war.
· Veeco Starting To Look A Little More Interesting On Data Center And Margin Strength →
With management unable to give much constructive guidance after the last quarter and considering the overall level of chaos and modeling uncertainty back then, I do think beats against Street estimates carry an asterisk this quarter, and Veeco is no exception.