“Charge” in the news
|free of charge|
|put in charge|
Publications and example sentences
· Premier launches WA's biggest ever holiday-at-home marketing push →
Pending a letter from the Commonwealth which is in charge of biosecurity zones, the Premier said it was hoped Broome, Derby, Halls Creek, Fitzroy Crossing and Kununurra could open on June 5, though at-risk remote communities would remain closed for the time being.
· Dr M: Are Bersatu leaders ok with 'thieves' as allies? What about the fight to save Malays from kleptocrats? →
Following the 2018 elections, multiple Umno leaders including its former president Datuk Seri Najib Razak, its current president Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi were brought to court to face corruption charges, with many of them undergoing trial.
The Japan Times
· Michael Jordan expresses thoughts on George Floyd →
Derek Chauvin was charged Friday with third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter.
· TNB must not overcharge the consumers — Roger Tan →
So, the final prorated blocks of 2,520 kWh (kilowatt hours) were charged at the highest tier rate of 0.571.
· Trump dismissing advice to tone down rhetoric, address the nation →
Wesley Somers, 25, was arrested on charges of felony arson, vandalism and disorderly conduct, and was to be booked, the Metro Nashville Police Department tweeted.
· George Floyd protestors and police clash in front of White House →
Chauvin has been charged with third-degree murder and is due to make his first appearance in court on Monday.
The New York Times
· 8 Minutes and 46 Seconds: How George Floyd Was Killed in Police Custody →
The day after Floyd’s death, the Police Department fired all four of the officers involved in the episode, and on Friday the Hennepin County attorney, Mike Freeman, announced murder and manslaughter charges against Derek Chauvin, the officer who can be seen most clearly in witness videos pinning Mr. Floyd to the ground.
· Truck drives into protesters on Minneapolis highway →
He should be charged with domestic terrorism.
· Minneapolis police chief responds to George Floyd's brother in CNN interview →
He noted charges would come through the county attorney office.
· 'Deaths in our backyard': 432 Indigenous Australians have died in custody since 2008 →
There have been at least five deaths since Guardian Australia updated its Deaths Inside project in August 2019, two of which have resulted in murder charges being laid.