Charm в новостях
Публикации и примеры предложений
· The eyes have it: communication and face masks →
I was buoyed to find parking still a nightmare and, in spite of only half the stalls being there and a mere smattering of people compared to normal, there was still a clamour and chaos that is pure Florentine charm.
· World Cup Rewind - watch Germany 7-1 Brazil from 2014 World Cup →
Lucky charm or what!
· 'This man knows he's dying as surely as I do': a doctor's dispatches from intensive care →
You might even champion another old man’s exploits – the charm and determination and ebullience of Captain Tom – while being secretly at peace with the expendability of certain parts of the herd.
· The Vast of Night Kicks Off Our Strange Summer-Movie Season →
I desperately hope that experience can return—despite all the charms of this movie, that’s the pleasure I’m most nostalgic for.
· How To Dress For The Summer Events We’re Missing in 2020 →
Or as Eavis puts it: “For many generations we have needed to gather in nature, listen to music and dance, we need it more than ever now!” Choosing fetching florals for Chelsea, engaging in Glastonbury’s eclecticism or nodding to Kapoor’s sculptures, here are the pieces to charm now.
· Rishi Sunak is playing good cop to Boris Johnson’s bad – but even he has a difficult time ahead as economic troubles mount →
Sunak’s rating has suffered collateral damage along with the rest of the government, but he is still its most popular minister, and he has reacted by redoubling the charm and emollience.
The New York Times
· Your Short Film of the Day →
There is charm in the identification with the boy, who is seen looking into a pool of water, his “heart full of questions”: “Some kids like to play; others just sort of … wait for adulthood.” The queer coding is clear, with its lead little boy an outsider by nature of his unconventional masculinity; but crucially, the sketch is never cruel toward him.
· AMC's Quiz Is a Delicious Retelling of The Who Wants to Be A Millionaire? Scandal →
But part of the show’s charm is its transporting power.
· Cyprus offers to cover cost of holidays affected by coronavirus →
Popular islands that appear to have remained remarkably Covid-19 free are also joining the charm offensive, cutting prices at resorts and hotels with the aim of luring crowds when destinations are relinked to the outside world through direct international flights on 1 July.
· North Korea still operating, improving major nuclear fuel plant, experts say →
It was part of a charm offensive by Trump that has included a pair of summits between the two leaders, but there has been no sign that North Korea will do what the U.S. wants and give up its nuclear weapons.