“Chief” in the news
|chief executive officer|
|chief of staff|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Apartment residents raise alarm over Victorian advice on communal areas →
Victoria's Chief Health Officer, Brett Sutton, said people should not become carried away with the risk of contracting coronavirus from shared surfaces such as lift buttons or stairwells.
· Can mental health services cope with the devastating effects of Covid-19? →
Sean Duggan, chief executive of the mental health network of the NHS Confederation, which represents trusts and other healthcare providers, says mental health services had to transform “very quickly” in March when face-to-face consultation were “shut down” and rely instead on digital options which has left some service users excluded.
· How Vietnam hopes to open to trade – by opening up its prisons to scrutiny →
Chris Humphrey is the Vietnam bureau chief for Deutsche Presse-Agentur
· CFA chairman latest to resign after fire services merger →
The Country Fire Authority chairman has resigned just weeks after the volunteer fire fighting organisation's chief executive also stepped aside.
The China Post
· The Latest: India reimposes lockdown as cases near 1 million →
Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton said 238 new cases detected in the latest 24-hour period could be the start of a stabilization in the spread since Melbourne and part of its surrounds were last week locked down for a second time for six weeks.
The Japan Times
· Hong Kong academics fear for freedom under new security law →
Hong Kong’s education chief has since banned students from singing a popular protest anthem, while public and school libraries are pulling books that might breach the new rules.
The Japan Times
· BOJ expects economy to shrink 4.7% in fiscal 2020 due to pandemic →
“The BOJ will be sitting tight as the worst has passed with economic activities gradually picking up,” Yasuhide Yajima, chief economist at NLI Research Institute, said before the central bank’s decision.
· Studs set to throw millions at Sunlight in broodmare sale →
Damien Ractliffe is the Chief Racing Reporter for The Age.
· Sachin Pilot says not joining BJP, worked hard to bring Congress back to power in Rajasthan →
His remarks come a day after the Congress sacked him as Rajasthan’s deputy chief minister and the party’s state unit president.
Hong Kong Free Press
· Hong Kong ex-lawmaker withdraws from coordinating democratic primaries after Beijing’s criticism →
Chief Executive Carrie Lam on Monday said the aim of the primary election to secure a majority in the legislature and oppose government policies could violate the offence of subversion under the national security law.