· World's officially oldest man dies in UK aged 112 →
Weighton was born in Yorkshire in northern England on March 29, 1908 and was one of seven children.
The New York Times
· National Guard Called as Minneapolis Erupts in Solidarity for George Floyd →
It begins in school, she said, where white children who get in trouble are excused as having a bad day, while black students are deemed to have disorders that need correcting.
· Ulta Beauty, Inc. (ULTA) CEO Mary Dillon on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Thank you very much guys and my children [ph] wishes best of luck for the rest of the year.
· Georgia teacher paralysed in inflatable waterslide accident →
Valerie Feske of Richmond Hill, near the city of Savannah, was taken to the hospital after she was injured while playing with children on a waterslide at a neighbourhood party, her husband Brent Feske told WTOC.
· Inside a Covid-19 hospital in India, doctors see no end in sight →
Now, posters of Winnie the Pooh and other cartoon characters meant to soothe children, beam down upon patients struggling to beat a deadly virus.
· Section 230, the internet free speech law Trump wants to change, explained →
There was a lot of porn floating around platforms like AOL and the World Wide Web where anyone, including our nation’s impressionable children, could see it.
The New York Times
· American Priest Moves a Step Closer to Sainthood →
Pope Francis is crediting the healing of an unborn child with a life-threatening condition to the priest, the Rev.
· Boris Johnson’s top adviser took a lockdown road trip. Now it’s a huge scandal. →
“I was worried that if my wife and I were both seriously ill, possibly hospitalized, there was nobody in London we could reasonably ask to look after our child and expose themselves to Covid,” Cummings said of the situation at a news conference Monday.
· How private jet owners got a subsidy from coronavirus relief funds →
While the pandemic is confusing to adults, it's especially so for children who have suddenly lost their school, their connections with friends and grandparents, and even their ability to play freely outside.
· Wearing Face Masks At Home May Reduce COVID-19 Spread →
A total of 77 adults and children were infected in this way, giving an ‘attack rate’ of 23 percent, or around one in four.