“Church” in the news
|church was built|
Publications and example sentences
The New York Times
· An American Jobs Crisis with Few Reporters to Cover It →
Harmon wrote a story about a woman who played bells at a church to lift spirits.
The China Post
· LA allows shopping, worship sooner than expected in pandemic →
Offices can reopen, flea markets can resume and churches can allow services limited to 25% of capacity or no more than 100 worshipers, whichever number is lower.
· Las Vegas casinos to reopen next week →
Sisolak said apart from casinos, churches and other places of worship can reopen, but they can only allow up to 50 people at a time and must comply with social distancing guidelines.
· What do you do with a stolen Vincent van Gogh painting? →
Both the painting stolen from Laren, The Parsonage Garden at Nuenen in Spring, and one of those taken by Durham, Congregation Leaving the Reformed Church in Nuenen, depict the church where van Gogh's father served as pastor.
· Coronavirus pandemic exposes inequality in Ecuador's Guayaquil →
She eventually asked her church community for help, who built a coffin for free and helped raise funds for a cheaper cemetery plot in the neighbouring district.
· Trump finds himself playing campaign defense with core elements of his base →
Last week, Trump said he wanted all churches opened immediately and threatened to “override” governors who kept restrictions in place.
· Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM) CEO Darren Woods Hosts 2020 Annual Meeting of Shareholders (Transcript) →
This is -- there’s growing support for lobbying disclosure at Exxon and the church commissioners of England, the New York State Common Retirement Fund, and the [technical difficulty], have all publicly called on Exxon investors to support this proposal.
· Are coronavirus cases in the US actually going down? Here’s what we know. →
On that point, some of the recent spikes in cases can be linked to specific incidents; Arkansas has traced its recent surge in cases to a high school swim party, a church gathering, and poultry plants (at least for starters).
· Coronavirus updates LIVE: Global death toll passes 350,000; Authorities investigate 30-year-old's death in COVID-free Queensland town →
Churches began opening up.
· Corrections and clarifications →
Church leaders criticise lack of apology from Dominic Cummings