· The Price of Trump Loyalty →
He campaigned as a freethinker and relative moderate on issues such as immigration, supporting a move to give undocumented immigrants serving in the military a path to citizenship.
The New York Times
· ISIS Prisoners Threaten U.S. Mission in Northeastern Syria →
Some countries have stripped suspected ISIS fighters of their citizenship.
· Moving account reminds us of our good fortune →
Aubrey Perry's moving account of her family's online citizenship ceremony (Comment, 25/5) captured the privilege of being an Australian, especially in this tumultuous COVID-19 era.
· The Intelligence: “This is a golden opportunity that needs to be seized”—covid-19 and greening the economy →
Also on the daily podcast: the military path to American citizenship narrows and contemplating sport without spectators
The New York Times
· Couples Who Eat Together May Not Stay Together →
The director of an employment and citizenship program at a large nonprofit organization in Seattle, Ms. Olins, 49, is often on the receiving end of her husband’s ire, specifically as it relates to her chewing.
· On this day: Born May 26, 1966: Zola Budd, South African athlete →
The Daily Mail newspaper had campaigned for Budd, who had an English grandfather, to be handed British citizenship after she emerged as a teenage prodigy.
· Moscow espionage trial of ex-US marine Whelan to wrap up →
Whelan, 50, who also holds Irish, Canadian and British citizenship, was detained in Moscow in December 2018 for allegedly receiving state secrets.
· The quiet Australian on the brink of an Italian football miracle →
Roberto Venturato doesn't have an Australian passport, citizenship papers, or anything close to a public profile.
· Barrie Walker obituary →
To his pleasure and relief, he was granted French citizenship shortly before his death.
The China Post
· Thousands wait to take US citizenship oath amid virus delays →
While many parts of American life have pivoted online or are beginning to reemerge from weeks of lockdowns, the citizenship process has ground to a halt.