“City” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Donald Trump touts racial equality while referring to COVID-19 as 'China plague' →
While it'll be at least another week or two before cities and states see an uptick in new cases related to protests, many public health experts seem certain there will be a rise in transmissions — they just don't know how much.
· Trump touts 'stupendous' jobs report — but black unemployment still rose again →
He was laid off as a passenger service representative at New York City's JFK Airport in April.
· 2020 Pittsburgh Steelers Fantasy Team Outlook: Don't Call it a Comeback, They've Been Here For Years →
Kansas City had him in the starting lineup over their final five games, with the last three coming in the playoffs.
· Column: Jaguars' Chris Conley Left a Long-Term Mark in Jacksonville During Friday's March →
Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Chris Conley has only been a member of the organization for a little over a year, but his impact on the franchise and city has already been felt in a big way, culminating in a display of leadership and strength from the veteran on Friday.
· U.S. Army officials leaving Washington, D.C.: “We don't police the American streets. We protect America” →
Protesters hit the streets in cities across the U.S. for a 10th night in a row just hours after George Floyd’s family condemned the “pandemic of racism and discrimination” at a memorial service.
· What's Known–and What Isn't Yet–About MLS's Return-Plan Tournament →
But they’re also in Florida, where July and early August promise tropical heat and humidity (maybe Orlando City will be slightly more comfortable and finally make the playoffs in something).
The New York Times
· Grace Edwards, Harlem Mystery Writer, Dies at 87 →
By 1974, Ms. Edwards was a disability analyst in New York State’s social services department, having earned a bachelor’s degree from City College the year before and a master’s of fine arts a few years later.
· Lions Players, Matt Patricia Join Freedom March After Killing of George Floyd →
Per James David Dickson of the Detroit News, Friday marks the eighth night of protests in Detroit, one of many American and worldwide cities that have had protests against racial inequality and police brutality since Floyd's death.
· 2020 OOTP sim: Humiliation complete, as Sox swept in K.C. →
KANSAS CITY — The White Sox had fireballing phenom Michael Kopech back from Charlotte to wreak some havoc, and two losses to start the series to exact some revenge for.