“City” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Witness describes brutal police attack on protester caught on video as Indianapolis police announce investigation →
“In city after city, we are witnessing actions that could be considered unnecessary or excessive force.
The New York Times
· W.H.O. Finally Endorses Masks to Prevent Coronavirus Transmission →
Mass protests against police brutality that have brought thousands of people onto the streets in cities across America are raising the specter of new coronavirus outbreaks, prompting political leaders, physicians and public health experts to warn that the crowds could cause a surge in cases.
The New York Times
· Coronavirus Briefing: What Happened Today →
The data suggests that reopened states and cities allowed some businesses to bring back furloughed employees.
· CFG 'pressing ahead' with plans to expand clubs within Europe →
Manchester City’s ownership group known as the City Football Group are said to be actively planning to expand their European portfolio, according to Jack Gaughan.
· Liverpool cleared to win Premier League at Anfield →
But if Manchester City lose at home to Arsenal on June 17, the Reds would be champions if they beat Everton.
· Anger at new police abuse videos as U.S. protests eye weekend →
And in New York City Thursday, officers baton-charged dozens of peaceful protesters defying a curfew in the Bronx after pinning them in, leaving them with nowhere to run, several reports said.
· Black Lives Matter painted on entire street leading to White House by Washington mayor →
Black Lives Matter has been painted in huge bright yellow letters on the street leading to the White House, painted by city workers and local artists after being commissioned by the mayor of DC.
· LeBron James Comments On Video Of 75-Year-Old Man Pushed Over By Police →
“I’ve spoken with City of Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown and we agree that the officers involved should be immediately suspended.