“Coach” in the news
|head football coach|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· SI All-American watch list: 13 Washington Commits and 20 Key UW Targets Named →
Under new coach Jimmy Lake, the Huskies have 13 committed prospects headlined by Sam Huard, considered an elite quarterback recruit.
The Japan Times
· Real Madrid warns fans against gathering in usual celebration spots as club approaches title →
“All of the effort and work put in by our players, coaching staff and the club towards this possible title success has always been done with a view to sharing the triumph with our fans, but we are aware that the current situation obliges us to maximize the necessary precautionary measures.”
· SI All-American football watch list: 8 Mississippi State Bulldogs commits and several MSU targets named →
He possesses a big-time arm, has prepped in a pass-happy offense and seems to be an ideal fit for MSU head coach Mike Leach's Air-Raid offensive scheme.
· SI All-American Watchlist: LSU Tigers Football Recruiting Targets and Commits to This Point →
With 16 total commits and just 10 spots remaining in the class, LSU coach Ed Orgeron said the recruiting class will continue to focus on the defensive and offensive lines as well as the running back and safety positions.
· SI All-American: Cal Golden Bears Football Recruiting Commitments and Targets →
Coach Justin Wilcox and his staff have made recruiting in Northern California a priority and the Bears have secured commitments from three local athletes, including heavily pursued tight end Jermaine Terry of nearby Richmond.
· 'Leadership starts at the top': Tolman wants clear decisions from Bulldogs board →
Tolman fronted reporters on Wednesday and was bombarded with questions about Dean Pay, who stepped down as coach after the club's loss to the lowly Broncos on Saturday.
· T&L Wednesday: The Rumblings has its day at the podium →
Since Mississippi State’s coaches and players can’t take the podium at SEC Media Days to answer questions about the Bulldogs, SuperTalk Mississippi's Brian Hadad and Joel Coleman of Sports Illustrated's Cowbell Corner will do it for them.
· SI All American Boston College Eagles Football Commits and Targets →
Even as a new coach, and without the benefit of meeting most of these kids in person due to COVID-19, Hafley has put together a solid class that puts BC in the middle of the pack of the ACC.
· Crimson Tide Roll Call: July 15, 2020 →
The two squads had not met since the annual series was terminated in 1964, but the two coaches had talked about renewing the series since becoming more amicable in 1970.
· All 11 Pro Sports Teams in Greater L.A. Unite for Social Justice →
Barriers include the elimination or reduction of enrichment of programs, budget challenges for afterschool programs including sports, safe passage to playgrounds, transportation, lack of trained and well-paid coaches and the rising costs of athletics and intramural programs.