|tons of coal||石炭のトン|
· Union Pacific Corporation (UNP) CEO Lance Fritz Presents at Bernstein 36th Annual Strategic Decisions Conference (Transcript) →
Our breakdown of our second quarter volumes, bulk down about 19%, that's mostly driven by coal and reduced demand across frozen refrigerated, a little impact on beer, a little impact on feed and animal proteins, maybe we'll get into that, some of the impacts that we're seeing when it comes to beef processing and pork processing.
· Natural Gas Market Overview: Annual Storage 'Surplus' To Continue Shrinking →
The most important five non-degree-day factors that we are looking at are: nuclear outages, the spread between natural gas and coal (coal-to-gas switching), wind speeds, solar radiation, and hydro inflows.
The China Post
· No rodeo festival dashes Wyoming city’s hopes amid COVID-19 →
Diminished electricity use during the pandemic has hit coal mining hard in the top coal-producing state.
· The coming recession is the best reason to step up the pace of renewables investment →
In China, the buzzword is “new infrastructure” but early indications are that new government spending on projects such as rail and telecoms is still overshadowed by building of coal power plants.
· Flex LNG Ltd (FLNG) CEO Oystein Kalleklev on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
UK is continuing its path to phasing out coal.
The New York Times
· Economic Giants Are Restarting. Here’s What It Means for Climate Change. →
China has given a green light to build new coal plants but it also declined to set specific economic growth targets for this year, a move that came as a relief to environmentalists because it reduces the pressure to turn up the country’s industrial machine quickly.
· Markets buck global trend, march higher for third day →
The poor data on growth of India’s eight infrastructure sectors contracted by a record 38.1% in April led by cement, steel, electricity and coal was partly on expected lines.
· Q4 GDP growth 3.1%: Was a revival on? →
Industries namely coal, cement, steel, natural gas, refinery, crude oil suffered substantial loss of production.
· New PPA after 5 years: Madhya Pradesh approves pact with Adani Power →
For this project, it will receive coal from Coal India’s Western Coalfields under the central government’s Shakti scheme.
· Cut air pollution to help avoid second coronavirus peak, MPs urge →
The report is based on evidence from scientists, businesses and local authorities and proposes a series of actions, including the continuation of home working, increased cycle lanes and training, more frequent public transport services to avoid crowding and the phasing out of wood and coal burning in homes.