· Deadly Taliban attack adds to despair over faltering Afghan peace process →
Following weeks of relentless insurgent ground assaults and bombings — some in areas that had long enjoyed relative calm — the brazen attack in Aybak, capital of Samangan province, seemed to many Afghans like one more nail in the coffin of long-stymied talks between Taliban and Afghan delegates.
· A charming secretary, a 'gregarious' mechanic: US healthcare workers who died of Covid-19 in April →
She wrote a poem to put in the coffin.
· TV tonight: the rise of a fascist US president →
Set inside a coffin, this ingenious thriller pretty much corners the market in claustrophobia.
The New York Times
· His Mother Was Neglectful, Drunk and Absolutely Riveting to Him →
At his mother’s funeral in Bermuda, Hamill and five other pallbearers struggled to get his mother’s coffin up the aisle of the church.
· Gallery: The best photos from around the world →
Masked mourners gave speeches and laid flowers before the coffin of Seoul's mayor during his funeral, while a live broadcast online drew a mixture of condolence messages and insults.Credit:AP
· 'No DSS' ruled unlawful after mother rejected by lettings agency →
The ruling was welcomed by the housing charity Shelter as a “nail in the coffin” of the No DSS rule – an archaic reference to the former Department for Social Security – used by some landlords to describe the vetting of a class of tenants they regard as unsuitable.
· Ozark theories: Fans tip shock Darlene Snell death after huge Ruth Langmore takeover clue →
But could her newfound alliance with Ruth Langmore (Julia Garner) be the final nail in the coffin for the drug queenpin in the Netflix series?
· 'The coffin is being closed on democracy': Polish liberals despair after Duda's win →
“It feels like the coffin is being closed on the fight for our formal democratic institutions,” said Rafał Suszek, a physicist and democracy campaigner who has been arrested several times in recent years for engaging in campaigns of direct action and civil disobedience.
· Carlo Ancelotti's silence, warning ignored and other moments missed from Everton's loss to Wolves →
Their ability to build on that in the second half was the final nail in Everton's coffin.
· Man City ensure UEFA's plans fails spectacularly to make Liverpool's life even tougher →
With the integrity of FFP on the line with Monday's decision, City's victory has hammered a nail into its coffin.