“Collide” in the news
Publications and example sentences
The China Post
· US moves forward with plan to end wild bird protections →
Officials said in a draft study of the proposal that it could result in more deaths of birds that land in oil pits or collide with power lines or other structures.
· Adam Cole Ranks and Dishes on His Best Matches and Moments as WWE NXT Champion →
The age of Adam Cole in NXT began over one year ago when he collided with Johnny Gargano for the NXT Championship and emerged victorious.
· Friday briefing: Tracing system 'imperfect' until autumn →
The SMS Grosser Kurfürst sank “within minutes” with the loss of 284 men after it collided with another ironclad German ship while on a training exercise.
· German warship wreck off Kent coast given heritage protection →
“[The König Wilhelm] collided and tore a great big hole in the side of the Grosser Kurfürst and it went down in minutes; there was no chance for it at all.”
· Open Insights: EIA's Weekly Petroleum Report (05/29/20) →
If the two collide, which will win?
· Woman killed and six injured in high-speed police chase in Chicago →
The squad car also collided with another vehicle, from which all three passengers, a 62-year-old male driver, a 29-year-old and a 44-year-old, woman were injured.
· Curfews have a disturbing racist history →
Government calls for curfews came after spurts of property destruction and violence collided with several nonviolent protests.
The New York Times
· Your Short Film of the Day →
In Germany, Pal pioneered the image of cigarettes parading in military formation like a squadron of Busby Berkeley chorines, but he is best remembered today as the producer of special-effects heavy Cold War science-fiction classics like “Destination Moon,” “When Worlds Collide” and “The War of the Worlds.” A good deal less cataclysmic in its treatment of interplanetary relations, “The Ship of the Ether” is more like the Music of the Spheres as it celebrates the magic of sound traveling through the air.
· 'Bryant...to Shaq!' →
The Blazers' last chance to save the game dies when Smith drives the lane and misses a runner while colliding with O'Neal.
· France cancels 2020 Bastille Day parade over coronavirus →
A year earlier, two motorcyclists from the French national gendarmerie collided during the parade and fighter jets sprayed the colours of the nation's flag in the wrong order.