“Colonial” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Dame Jocelyn Barrow obituary →
What drove Jocelyn – or “DJB” as she was affectionately known after being made a dame in 1992 – was the belief that she was entitled to be part of a society more equal than the one she had known either in her colonial birthplace or in the Britain of the 60s into which she later emerged.
· 17 Unforgettable Resort Shows, Chosen by Our Editors →
It was held on the Colonial Street lot used to film Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Desperate Housewives, and contained a gleefully costumed cast of Halloween-inflected archetypes of Americana.
· The Match (2): Tiger Woods proves fitness as Mickelson, Manning & Brady help raise $20m →
It certainly whetted the appetite for the return of the competitive game which is due at Colonial in Fort Worth, Texas next month.
· When Balbir Sr went down memory lane remembering independent India's first Olympic hockey gold →
Singh, who started his hockey career as a goalkeeper before moving up as a full-back and eventually a centre-forward, had said that the maiden Olympic gold was special as they had defeated India’s once colonial masters in the final.
· Tiger Woods, Peyton Manning, Phil Mickelson and Tom Brady raise $20million with charity golf match →
The competition comes two-and-a-half weeks before the PGA Tour plans to resume its season on 11 June at Colonial.
· Republicans sue California over expanded mail-in voting →
More than half of Haiti’s 11 million people are believed to practice voodoo, a religion brought from West Africa centuries ago by enslaved men and women and practiced clandestinely under French colonial rule.
· Woods-Manning prevail in star-studded match, raised $20m for charity →
The PGA Tour is on hiatus until June 11, when the Charles Schwab Challenge at Colonial is scheduled to begin in Texas.