“Come” in the news
|did not come|
Publications and example sentences
· The Sun shot out the largest solar flare since 2017 →
What's next: Scientists will closely watch the Sun's activity in the coming weeks to see if the star is, in fact, coming out of its slumber and entering into a new period of activity.
The China Post
· With Italy at risk, Europe Central Bank could boost stimulus →
The ECB support comes as the eurozone economy is expected to shrink by a massive 7.75% this year, according to estimates from the European Union’s executive commission.
· Williams-Sonoma Has Seen Better Days →
Once investors realize what is in store for the retailer, the stock price will come back down to earth.
· Julián Castro endorses Joe Biden for president →
Why it matters: Castro’s endorsement comes as protests against police use of excessive force, especially in communities of color, have wracked the country for the past week, triggered by the death of George Floyd while in Minneapolis police custody.
The New York Times
· #BlackOutTuesday: A Music Industry Protest Becomes a Social Media Moment →
It is expected for this week and could come as early as Wednesday, according to a person briefed on the company’s plans who was not authorized to speak about them publicly.
· How to choose the best dog bed, according to experts →
Unlike sleeping in a bed with another person, the study found, having a dog in your bed is linked to reduced sleep “efficiency.” If you're looking to give your dog some additional sleeping surfaces, you'll come across many options online and in stores.
· 'Grandfather of the gay rights movement' gets his due in 'The Deviant's War' →
A Texas native, Cervini, who came out in high school, said he “had not the slightest clue about what queer history was or who was important” while growing up.
· Boston Scientific Corporation (BSX) Management Presents at Jefferies 2020 Virtual Healthcare Conference (Transcript) →
I will cover those over a couple of minutes and then Ken is going to talk about the clinical science abstracts and late-breakers that came out of HRS.
· George Floyd protests: Illinois governor says Trump has been a ‘miserable failure’ over handling of demonstrations →
During the phone call, Mr Pritzker said that “rhetoric coming out of the White House is making it worse, people are experiencing real pain”, and added: “We’ve got to have national leadership calling for calm and legitimate concern for protesters.”
The New York Times
· Amid Unrest, Macy’s Takes Another Hit →
The damage to its flagship Herald Square location appeared to be minimal but it came when the retailer was already reeling from closings caused by the pandemic.