Commemorate в новостях
|built to commemorate||Построен в память|
|commemorate the centenary||Отмечать столетие|
|commemorate the event||Отмечать событие|
Публикации и примеры предложений
· There's more to activism than Instagram black squares →
It commemorates the late Eddie Koiki Mabo, a Torres Strait Islander whose campaign for Indigenous land rights led to a landmark decision by the High Court of Australia.
· Tommy Robinson released on bail following arrest on suspicion of assault →
The British Royal Air Force Red Arrows conduct a fly past over the statue of former British Prime Minister Winston Churchill in London to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of Victory in Europe (VE Day) in Britain
· Rally held in central Seoul to support Black Lives Matter movement →
The rally was the latest in a series of gestures by South Koreans to support and commemorate the movement.
The China Post
· The loneliest of D-Day remembrances is hit by pandemic →
Even if we are only a dozen, we are here to commemorate,” he said.
· Exclusive: nearly 600 US health workers died of Covid-19 – and the toll is rising →
As public health guidelines have largely prevented traditional gatherings of mourners, survivors have found new ways to honor the dead: in Manhattan, a medical resident played a violin tribute for a fallen co-worker; a nurses union placed 88 pairs of shoes outside the White House commemorating those who had died among their ranks; fire departments have lined up trucks for funeral processions and held “last call” ceremonies for EMTs.
The China Post
· Surfers honor George Floyd in ‘paddle out’ held around world →
The Santa Monica event was held at a beach commemorated with a plaque noting its importance as a place where African Americans could avoid racial harassment even after beaches were desegregated in 1927.
The New York Times
· View Pictures of the George Floyd Protests Nationwide →
Events were also planned to commemorate the birthday of Breonna Taylor, an African-American medical worker whose killing by the police in March has also galvanized protests.
· The heart aching in me wants collective action. It calls for truth speaking →
This week was national reconciliation week, commemorating two significant milestones in Australia’s reconciliation journey – the anniversaries of the successful ’67 referendum and the high court Mabo decision.
· 'Revolting': Trump condemned for saying George Floyd is praising US economy →
Trump has no concern or regard for the feelings of anyone and will take every opportunity, even trampling on the memory of George Floyd, to commemorate a jobs report that shows fewer than half of Black adults currently have a job and that fully 21 million Americans are unemployed.”