“Comment” in the news
|declined to comment|
|refused to comment|
Publications and example sentences
· INSIGHT-More patients than beds in Mumbai as India faces surge in virus cases →
India’s health ministry did not respond to a request for comment on how it will cope with the predicted rise in infections, given that most public hospitals are overcrowded at the best of times.
The New York Times
· U.S. Bans Flights From Brazil, Where Pandemic Is Raging →
Mr. Bolsonaro’s office declined to comment, but his foreign relations adviser said that the ban had been expected and that it was little more than a formality.
· Sevilla players warned by Liga chief after flouting lockdown rules →
Sevilla did not state whether the players would face disciplinary action and did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
· Chaturon readies new party →
Mr Phumtham recently admitted he regularly met Mr Chaturon to discuss political issues, but declined to comment on the plan to set up a new party.
· Philippines investigates suicide of maid at embassy shelter in Lebanon →
Neither the Philippine embassy in Lebanon nor the DFA were immediately available for further comment.
· Austria's president apologises for Covid-19 curfew breach – as it happened →
The decision follows comments by the national security adviser, Robert O’Brien, to CBS.
· Coronavirus live news: US bars travel from Brazil as British PM’s adviser reported to police over lockdown breach →
The decision follows comments by the national security adviser, Robert O’Brien, to CBS.“We hope that’ll be temporary, but because of the situation in Brazil, we’re going to take every step necessary to protect the American people,” O’Brien said.
· Financial Times: UK’s Sunak authorises bailout plan to rescue strategically important companies →
It did not immediately respond to a Reuters request for comment late yesterday.
· French interior minister slams top actress over 'shameful' police criticism →
PARIS, May 25 — France's interior minister yesterday accused a top French actress of Algerian origin of making “deceitful and shameful” comments after she accused the police of systematic racism.
· UK's Sunak authorises bailout plan to rescue strategically important companies →
It did not immediately respond to a Reuters request for comment late on Sunday.