“Commit” in the news
|conspiracy to commit|
|did not commit|
Publications and example sentences
· From 1962 to 2020: The battle hardened Indian Army →
The Indian Army is a funny animal if I may say so, troops on ground are committed to do their job regardless of what they have or do not have.
· Brexit: Michel Barnier says EU 'cannot go on like this forever' and accuses Boris Johnson of backtracking on promises →
Negotiations will continue and we remain committed to a successful outcome.
The China Post
· Bangladeshi courts freeing child suspects due to virus risk →
DHAKA, Bangladesh (AP) — Authorities in Bangladesh have been releasing hundreds of children suspected of committing mostly petty crimes as they try to keep the coronavirus from spreading in overcrowded detention centers, officials said Friday.
· 1,300 civilians killed in DR Congo, half million flee homes: UN →
Armed groups, it said, had perpetrated massacres and atrocities, while government forces had also committed major breaches.
· Belly Mujinga: police ask CPS to review rail worker's Covid-19 death →
The statement went on: “We considered a range of potential criminal offences that might have been committed.
· NFL Draft 2021: Early Mock for Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, More Top QBs →
League commits additional contribution this year to the Inspire Change campaign to help address systemic racism
· Top 10 Breakout Eagles: No. 2 Linebacker Max Richardson →
A three star out of Georgia, Richardson only had one other Power 5 offer (Duke), before committing to the Eagles.
· Team and League Statements on Social Justice Mostly Ring Hollow →
The phrase “we are committed to continuing the important work to address these systemic issues” suggests that a league that stood by as its 32 member clubs pretended that Colin Kaepernick did not exist while employing a smattering of less-qualified players feels like it’s doing a fine enough job already.
· Atlanta Falcons' reaction to George Floyd protests →
I know I an only one man, but I also know I am committed to doing what I can.” Ryan followed up this Instagram post with another show of unity post the very next day.
· Once a Leader of Social Justice, MLB Is Now Embarrassingly Behind the Times →
This is why it is important that everyone from the suits in the Commissioner's Office to the lowest level of minor league employees commit to action.