“Compare” in the news
|used to compare|
Publications and example sentences
· Buying health insurance plans: How existing and new policyholders are impacted in times of COVID-19 →
The average policy seeker in a post-COVID-19 world might be more mindful about health insurance as a concept as compared to the one in a pre-COVID-19 era.
· 100 High Yielders Down Big: These 4 Are Worth Considering →
As we saw in the chart above, the recent performance of the BDC industry (BDCs) as compared to the rest of the market - has been ugly.
· 'We're expendable': black Americans pay the price as states lift lockdowns →
Black people are twice as likely to lack health insurance compared with their white counterparts, and more likely to live in medically underserved areas where they face health facility closures and caps on public health plans.
· Dollar General: Hoping That Nothing Has Changed →
Dollar General will probably also stand out due to the heavier revenue mix of consumable products compared to home, seasonal and apparel: nearly 80% of total sales in 2019.
· These are the troubling political calculations behind Dominic Cummings breaking lockdown rules – and Tories rushing to defend him →
Some of the fury unleashed on Cummings and on the Conservatives who are supporting him comes from comparing our own personal sacrifices to Cummings’ disregard for the collective good.
· Book sales soar as French Covid-19 lockdown eases →
Even so, overall, sales were 60 per cent down compared the corresponding period in 2019.
· Coronavirus upside: 70% fall in crime in western Uttar Pradesh in April, says report →
Crime in Uttar Pradesh: There has been a sharp decline in crime in the western part of Uttar Pradesh in the month of April compared to the corresponding period last year, a report in The Indian Express said, citing UP Police’s Meerut Zone.
· Russia’s Aeroflot reports 95pc April passenger drop →
MOSCOW, May 25 — Russia’s biggest carrier Aeroflot today said it registered a 95 per cent drop in passengers in April compared to last year, as the coronavirus ground travel to a halt.
The China Post
· Global shares rise on hopes for economies’ gradual reopening →
Japan has reported about 820 deaths and more than 16,000 cases, relatively few compared to hard-hit nations like the U.S.
· Two Coronavirus Lineages But Similar Clinical Outcomes, Study →
The researchers then assembled genomic sequences from 112 sequencing samples and compared them against sequences in the Global Initiative on Sharing All Influenza Data (GISAID) dataset.