“Complain” in the news
Publications and example sentences
The Japan Times
· Arrested under new law, Hong Kong protesters get swabbed for DNA →
When she complained about the swabs, she said police officials told her to ask for a judicial review if she was unhappy.
· All Lions: Matthew Stafford's Trick Play Listed as Lions' Top Play of the Decade →
In the last ten years, the Detroit Lions have created several highlights for supporters to cheer about and lowlights for detractors to complain about for the next decade.
· (Yonhap Interview) Meet Mel Rojas Jr.: KBO's top slugger and a man with a plan →
He won't complain about the money here either.
· Commonwealth should 'acknowledge' past wrongs, says Prince Harry →
Former army officer Harry has also complained about the “racial undertones” of media coverage of his wife.
· AP Photos: Argentines try to find happiness under quarantine →
She feared that the neighbors would complain.
· Surge in NYC shootings fuels police reform debate →
Floyd, an unarmed black man, died in Minneapolis on May 25 when a white police officer knelt on his knee for almost nine minutes as Floyd complained he couldn't breathe.
· Car-Sharing Startups Take U.S. Loans After Covid-19 Disruptions →
Some people who rented out their cars on Getaround complained that it had become increasingly difficult to get the company to pay for damages.
· US death toll surpasses 130,000; India's cases third-highest in world – as it happened →
But the numbers include both molecular swab tests for current infections and serological tests for antibodies, and independent health experts complained that some of the results date back as far as April, so they don’t provide an accurate picture of the current situation.
· Hart Lee Dykes Sees Disconnect, but Not All on Mike Gundy →
Dykes said he hears players complain that there is no outlet for former players to arrange tickets and lodging like there is at other schools.