“Complaint” in the news
|filed a complaint|
|lodged a complaint|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Cops: Woman with pink wristband in Ipoh eatery went to theme park, not Person Under Surveillance →
Ding said the investigation was carried out after the department received a complaint about a customer who was seen wearing a pink PUS wristband.
The China Post
· Ex-Trump adviser plans book on future of polarized America →
Hill’s testimony last year on Capitol Hill reinforced the central complaint of the impeachment inquiry — that Trump used his leverage over Ukraine, a young Eastern European democracy facing Russian aggression, to pursue political gain.
· Altria: 8% Dividend Backed By Strong Cash Flows →
The suit has nothing to do with the marketing complaints that have plagued the company, instead they are centered on the fact that the company suspended selling their own e-cigarette products once they decided to buy into JUUL.
· It’s easier than ever to make hand sanitizer. But eased restrictions have come with consequences. →
There have also been complaints about odd-smelling hand sanitizers (due to lack of carbon filtration), excessive stickiness, and false claims by manufacturers.
· Sebi to auction properties of Royal Twinkle, Citrus Check Inns on Aug 14 →
Sebi had received several investor complaints against Citrus alleging that directors of Royal Twinkle were now running their collective investment scheme (CIS) through Citrus.
The New Republic
· The Republicans’ Crimes Against Democracy →
The complaint largely translates right-wing claims about voter fraud into legalese, warning that the use of “unmonitored” and “unsecured” drop off boxes “allows illegal absent and mail-in voting, ballot harvesting, and other fraud to occur and/or go undetected, and will result in dilution of validly cast ballots.” The campaign also sought to overturn a restriction that only allows county residents to serve as poll watchers at their own county’s election site.
· How the Go-Go's Perfected Pop-Punk →
But that was the only complaint I had about that album was my voice.
· Perak Health authorities looking for second woman with pink Covid-19 wristband caught on camera in Ipoh restaurant (VIDEO) →
“The Health Department has received a complaint about a restaurant customer in Ipoh who was seen wearing a Person Under Surveillance (PUS) wristband.
· 'Ryanair asked me for nearly £300 extra after family tragedy' →
“They said the only two options I had were to pay the £90 each and move the flights, then write a letter of appeal and potentially get the £270 back or fill in a complaint form and they will look into it.
· Dozens of Burmese, Thai workers demand back pay, benefits in Phuket →
They filed their complaint with the ombudsman’s office and the Labor Protection Social Security Office.