“Concede” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Juventus seven points clear after dramatic Sassuolo draw →
But despite the return of captain Giorgio Chiellini, the Turin giants showed signs of weakness in defence again and have now conceded 11 goals in five games.
· Red Bulls-Crew Preview →
Columbus' defense notched its second clean sheet in three matches and has conceded just one goal in its first three contests.
· Toronto FC-Impact Preview →
TFC started fast and faded late, getting a first-half brace from Ayo Akinola -- who was set up on both occasions by Alejandro Pozuelo - but playing the entire second half with 10 men in the muggy Orlando after Junior Moreno was booked a second time contributed to them conceding twice after the 84th minute and settling for a 2-2 draw versus D.C. United.
· Jurgen Klopp admits ‘lack of concentration’ cost Liverpool despite dominant performance at Arsenal →
So we did a lot of things well but you cannot win games when you concede goals like this.”
· Mikel Arteta admits ‘big concern’ over Arsenal’s transfer funds after upsetting Liverpool →
Despite an uncertain future, the Spaniard was delighted after upsetting the champions, though he conceded his side got “lucky”.
· Carlo Ancelotti makes Jordan Pickford admission but has clear message over Everton goalkeeper →
The 26-year-old has spoken with Ancelotti following Sunday's game at Wolves where he was beaten at his near post for the host's third goal and came close to conceding another when he let a tame shot squirm through his body.
· Liverpool loses, Man City out-shot on unusual night in EPL →
The goals conceded were embarrassing on Liverpool’s part, with a sloppy back pass by the usually flawless Van Dijk — of all people — gifting Alexandre Lacazette an equalizer before goalkeeper Alisson’s poor pass out from his area eventually resulted in Reiss Nelson scoring the winner.
· Liverpool design their own downfall as Premier League points record slips away in defeat by Arsenal →
The hosts were living on the edge of conceding and ultimately did.
· Lacazette and Nelson deliver vital victory for Arsenal over Liverpool →
The fact that the two most decisive came from Virgil van Dijk and Alisson was both a surprise, and a tribute to the sustained defensive concentration of Mikel Arteta’s team after conceding an early lead.
· Football: Kessie inspires Milan comeback as Napoli held at Bologna →
But Gattuso conceded he was worried ahead of the Champions League last eight clash against Barcelona after letting their early lead slip.