“Concern” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· What the Big Ten's Decision Could Mean for Oklahoma and the Big 12 →
From a Big 12 perspective, the Big Ten’s decision — followed by the Atlantic Coast Conference’s decision to do the same thing; the Pac-12 will reportedly make the announcement later; no word yet from the SEC — clouds the likelihood of its members playing anything more than a conference-only schedule in 2020 due to COVID-19 concerns.
· World Digest: July 9, 2020 →
The concern for President Emmanuel Macron was “not to delay the construction site nor to complicate the issue” with a contemporary gesture, according to an Élysée official.
· Investigation rebukes Commerce Department for siding with Trump over forecasters during Hurricane Dorian →
To calm fears, not knowing Trump had stoked the concern, it tweeted: “Alabama will NOT see any impacts from #Dorian.
The Wall Street Journal
· WHO Allows for Coronavirus Transmission by Tiny Air Particles, Before Symptoms →
The World Health Organization revised its guidelines on two key issues concerning how the new coronavirus spreads, saying people who are talking or singing may expel the virus through tiny airborne particles that float through cramped and unventilated spaces such as restaurants or nightclubs.
· Rockets HC Mike D'Antoni Reportedly Traveling with Team to Orlando Amid COVID-19 →
MacMahon noted the 69-year-old underwent medical screenings that came back without any concerns, meaning he will coach while wearing a mask.
· Saratoga Investment Corp (SAR) CEO Christian Oberbeck on Q1 2021 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
I think the concern we have, you know what we're trying to be concerned about going forward is the excess unemployment.
· Steve Bannon, former top Trump aide, applauds Biden "Buy American" event →
His campaign has accused teachers unions, some of which have expressed concerns about staff safety, of slowing the process.
The China Post
· Op. Ed. | Bus driver incident unveils Taiwan’s systemic discrimination →
During the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, fishermen and factory workers, who live in overcrowded spaces, have expressed concerns at the risk of infection.
· Transcript: Into the WNBA Bubble →
So that's a little concerning.
· Coronavirus Australia live update: national cabinet to discuss hotel quarantine and Victoria lockdown →
The NSW government has issued a clarification to its public health orders, concerning the closure of the border with Victoria and the self-isolation requirement.