“Concession” in the news
|received its concession|
Publications and example sentences
The New York Times
· Aston Martin's James Bond Car Comes to Life →
There are also concessions to the real world.
· Qatar virus tracing app stirs rare privacy backlash →
Privacy concerns over Qatar's coronavirus contact tracing app, a tool that is mandatory on pain of prison, have prompted a rare backlash and forced officials to offer reassurance and concessions.
· China's rise dealt a blow by Trump and the pandemic →
The trade war crimped China’s growth last year, complicating its attempts at financial reform and forcing it to push liquidity into its banking system and provide funding for infrastructure, tax concessions and other stimulatory measures.
· U.S. official renews calls for N.K. to abandon nukes after its party meeting on nuke deterrence →
Some observers viewed the North's move to bolster the nuclear capability as an ominous sign that it could engage in provocative acts, such as the test of a submarine launched ballistic missile to pressure the U.S. to make concessions in nuclear negotiations.
· (EDITORIAL from Korea Herald on May 25) →
US President Donald Trump is unlikely to show interest in reaching a deal by making significant concessions to Pyongyang without substantial progress toward the complete denuclearization of the recalcitrant regime.
The New York Times
· The Fall of Autumn: Live Performance Producers Are Giving Up on 2020 →
At their scale, it is even more difficult to protect patrons when seats are tightly packed and there are choke points at entrances, lobbies, aisles, concession stands and restrooms.
· 'Catalytic impact': end of hardship measures could trigger collapse →
The chief executive of illion, Simon Bligh, said a clearer picture of the state of the economy would emerge once repayment holidays and other concessions had ended.
· Universal pension for all: Retirees call for tax and income reform →
Seniors organisations are pressing the Morrison government to look at a massive overhaul to the pension system that would also take into account possible changes to tax concessions, such as franking credits, as a way to pay for any reforms.
· Parking it: Drive-in shows, films, meals and even worship help ease lockdowns →
Few theatres have drive-through concession stands.
· Immense opportunities for pharma, medical equipment industries in Uttar Pradesh: CM Yogi Adityanath →
The government will also provide skill development incentives and other concessions to the investing companies as per the requirement.