“Confess” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Colts GM Chris Ballard: ‘White America Refuses to Listen’ →
INDIANAPOLIS — Chris Ballard repeatedly confessed that he’s ashamed.
· (EDITORIAL from Korea Herald on June 5) →
One of the agents even confessed.
· Visa Inc. (V) Al Kelly Presents at Piper Sandler Global Exchange & FinTech Conference (Transcript) →
And we've seen some lobbying efforts by the National Restaurant Association, and the American Nightclub Association, which I confess I did not know was a thing until seeing about the National American nightclub Association, the Wall Street Journal.
· Big Bang Theory reunion may never happen due to legal issues, says star Mayim Bialik →
In the same interview, Bialik also confessed she had never watched the series, despite starring in 203 episodes.
· Trapped at Sea, Alone With Her Assailant, He Told Her “You’re Mine for the Week” →
An investigator told her prosecutors wouldn’t charge the boat captain with rape unless they recorded the man confessing to the crime.
· Guest of Honour review – tangled melodrama of guilt and shame →
His daughter, Veronica (Laysla De Oliveira), is a music teacher who is now in prison for a sexual offence with teenage pupils that she did not commit (but deliberately gave every impression of committing) and confessed to it, supposedly because she wanted to punish herself for something else.
· ‘I’ve never felt so close to anyone this quickly’: the whirlwind romances of lockdown →
“I didn’t really have an exit strategy,” confesses Jack McGarey, a 31-year-old teacher.
The Japan Times
· ‘Forgiven Children’: No clear-cut truths to a child’s crimes →
Kira lies to a police detective — Itsuki, he says, didn’t come to the riverbank — but the cops have assembled evidence, such as surveillance photos and text messages, that lead Kira to confess.
The New York Times
· Bruce Jay Friedman, 90, Author With a Darkly Comic Worldview, Dies →
The story, which takes place almost entirely in Stefano’s fevered and guilt-ridden mind, ends when he invites Cotten in for a beer, begins confessing his problems and places the gardener in the role of a shrink — a service, Cotten says, for which he charges $400 an hour.
· George Floyd and BLM protests by white activists can change culture, one town at a time →
Before coming across this tiny group of demonstrators on Saturday morning, I confess that I had protest fatigue.