· 9 movies and shows that explain how America’s justice system got this way →
Ava DuVernay (Selma, 13th) co-wrote and directed all four episodes of this miniseries about the infamous case of the Central Park Five, in which five boys ages 14 to 16 — none of whom were white — were coerced into confessing to raping a jogger named Trisha Meili in 1989, then convicted of the crime in 1990.
· On the run: lack of sport drives fans to madcap world of marble racing →
And yet, he confesses with a laugh: “I don’t understand it really, because if you ask me, I would never watch it.
· One in three Britons working while unwell during lockdown due to redundancy fears, research shows →
One in four also admitted to feeling the need to prove they have been working every day and the same number have confessed to checking in with their line managers or colleagues more often in order to do so.
· Singer BCL’s touching Hari Raya video for late husband Ashraf Sinclair gets two million views under 24 hours (VIDEO) →
The bustling atmosphere has been toned down for this year’s celebrations due to Ashraf’s passing and the inability of relatives to visit due to the Covid-19 pandemic, and Bunga confessed that the last few months have not been easy for her to get through.
The New York Times
· Tara Reade’s Tumultuous Journey to the 2020 Campaign →
She and Mr. Dronen had married in late 1994, and as the complaints about her work continued, Ms. Reade confessed that she was having a hard time at home, these people recalled.
· (EDITORIAL from Korea Herald on June 1) →
Yoon confessed to raising 280 million won ($226,000) in donations through her four personal bank accounts on nine occasions while working for the council.
· 'Love and dignity': Inside the UK's special needs schools →
Ward confesses that being an educator for special needs children is frequently trying.
The China Post
· With masks and gloves, Ukraine’s priests return to duties →
““I really needed to be able to confess and partake in the sacrament.”
· The best online workout classes to keep fit at home →
Reese Witherspoon, Andrew Scott and Pink are devotees, while Heffington himself confesses to getting a high-leg kick out of this chance to share his passion.
· May I have a word about… the demystification of Kim Jong-un →
The journal of the country’s ruling party has had to confess, probably with a heavy heart, that the regime’s leaders are not in fact able to bend time and space, the word’s meaning, and that Kim Jong-un does not possess mystical powers.