“Confirm” in the news
|able to confirm|
|confirm or deny|
|did not confirm|
|refused to confirm|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Bolivia's president says she has tested positive for Covid-19 →
Bolivia, which has a population of more than 11.5 million people, has registered more than 42,000 confirmed cases of the disease and 1,500 deaths.
· IG: NOAA hurt public trust by backing Trump's Hurricane Dorian claims →
Why it matters: The report found that pressure from the White House resulted in NOAA releasing an unsigned statement that confirmed the president's claim that Alabama was in the storm's path.
· New WHO guidance calls for more evidence on airborne transmission →
GENEVA, July 10 — The World Health Organisation yesterday released new guidelines on the transmission of the novel coronavirus that acknowledge some reports of airborne transmission of the virus that causes Covid-19, but stopped short of confirming that the virus spreads through the air.
· Rick and Morty theories: Beth and Jerry to welcome third child in shock twist →
DON'T MISS: Sabrina: Netflix cancel Chilling Adventures of Sabrina after season 4 [NEWS]Ozark spoilers: Helen’s fate sealed in season 2 [INSIGHT]NCIS season 18 theories: Gibbs and Sloane romance ‘confirmed’ [THEORY]
A police investigation confirmed suicide was the cause of death of a black man found hanging from a tree in a Southern California city park last month, authorities said Thursday.
· Bolivia's President Anez tests positive for Covid-19 →
The landlocked Andean nation of over 11.5 million people has registered more than 42,000 confirmed cases of the disease and 1,500 deaths and is one of the worst affected countries per capita in the world.
· Pokemon Go Jessie and James get their own Meowth Balloon, join Giovanni invasion →
Niantic has confirmed that Jessie and James will only be around for a certain amount of time and will be found flying around the map at random.
· Top US general vows response if military confirms reports of Russian bounties →
America’s top general has said military intelligence agencies are working to corroborate reports of Russia paying Taliban fighters bounties for killing US soldiers and vowed a response if they were confirmed.
The New York Times
· Investigation Rules Robert Fuller’s Hanging Death a Suicide →
An investigation has confirmed that Robert Fuller, who was found hanging from a tree in a Southern California park on June 10, committed suicide, officials announced on Thursday.
The Wall Street Journal
· Coronavirus Case Count →
The Wall Street Journal’s coronavirus tracker shows the number of confirmed cases in the U.S by compiling the latest data available from John Hopkins University.