“Conquer” in the news
|attempt to conquer|
|conquer the world|
Publications and example sentences
· US says Russia sent warplanes to back Libyan warlord →
Tarek Megerisi, a Libya expert at the European Council on Foreign Relations, said Libya was probably witnessing the death throes of Haftar’s ambition to enter Tripoli as a conquering hero.
· ‘No denying it’: Russia sent warplanes to Libya to back Haftar, claims US →
Mr Haftar, backed by the United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and France, has fought a years-long war to conquer the oil-rich North African country.
· Don't Fold Your Bets On Teva →
After it becomes North America's leading mental illness medicine provider, TEVA can conquer the rest of the world.
· How could Roman legionnaires march so far in sandals? →
How on earth did they conquer an empire without Gor-Tex and Vibram?
The New York Times
· Why a Biden Victory Hinges on Picking the Right Running Mate →
That might prove to be the single most effective way to head off the Trump campaign’s “divide and conquer” plan for progressives in 2020.
· Facebook's Future Is Brighter Than Ever →
Facebook is currently marshaling its resources, or perhaps arraying its forces if you will, such that it soon will embark on its latest campaign to conquer the social media space.
· On This Day: Celtic's Lisbon Lions gave birth to attacking football mantra →
And yet, at the final whistle, perhaps because we were so unused to Scottish football reaching such a pinnacle, there was almost a sense of disbelief that young men, all of whom, with one exception had been born within 10 miles of Celtic Park, had conquered a system which had become almost mythical in its association with success.
· China Roundup: A blow to US-listed Chinese firms and TikTok's new global face →
It’s part of the smartphone giant’s plan to conquer the world of smart home devices and wearables.