“Conservative” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Hidden Stock Market Gems: Coloplast →
One can argue, that 10% growth might be too optimistic in 2020 due to the recession, but one can also argue, that 6% growth till perpetuity is too conservative and it could very well be the case, that Coloplast might grow with higher rates.
· First Thing: protests stayed peaceful amid Trump's 'normalised mayhem' →
The nine-term conservative congressman, known for his racist rhetoric and ties to white nationalists, was defeated in the state’s Republican primary by state senator Randy Feenstra.
· MPs shielding from Covid-19 allowed proxy vote in Johnson U-turn →
It follows a government move to drop the use of virtual measures in the Commons, as critics including 31 Conservative MPs voted to keep remote tools in place.
· How 70 years of cop shows taught us to valorize the police →
And Brooklyn Nine-Nine develops much of its conflict by pitting its well-meaning progressive protagonist cops against the more conservative members of the NYPD.
· Burying The Crisis With An 'Iron Mountain' Of Cash - Yield 9% →
Estimating COVID-19 impacts to become immaterial by 2022 is a fairly conservative outlook in our opinion.
· All the President’s Words →
Haberman and Savage’s analysis concludes it is “not clear that Mr. Trump’s declaration would have any real meaning beyond his characteristic attempts to stir a culture-war controversy, attract attention and please his conservative base.” But Trump’s tweets are imbued with “real meaning” by virtue of his office and how people in positions of legal authority understand that office.
· Defiant but mostly peaceful protests, more scrutiny of Pompeo dinners and social distancing Swiss Alps-style →
Now, an analysis of Federal Election Commission data and internal State Department documents shows that out of a total of 360 people sent invitations, at least 150 were from groups that are overtly conservative, formally affiliated with the Republican Party or right-wing media outlets.
· Poland picks new date for rescheduled presidential election →
For PiS, the election is vital to cementing its grip on power and making further progress on its conservative agenda.
· Alexander & Baldwin: Premiere Hawaiian Real Estate On Sale →
Ground leases, another conservative form of real estate in which defaults can result in taking possession of the improvements (buildings) on the property, make up 15%, while office and industrial fill out the remainder.
· George Floyd protests: Tory MP replies to constituent asking him to condemn Trump's actions, 'Arsonists and looters have it coming' →
A Conservative MP has replied to a constituent asking him to condemn Donald Trump’s response to demonstrations that have spread across the United States, saying: “Arsonists and looters have it coming”.