· Coronavirus latest: at a glance →
Dozens of MPs from the ruling Conservative party demand the removal of the prime minister’s chief aide, Dominic Cummings, after he insisted he did not regret breaching the government-ordered lockdown.
The New York Times
· David Frum Rethinks Conservatism →
“I came of age inside the conservative movement of the 20th century,” he writes in a new, post-coronavirus introduction.
The New York Times
· Risky Strategy by Many Private Colleges Leaves Them Exposed →
Edmit examined financial trends at 937 private universities and added a conservative estimate of the Covid-19 impact: tuition losses of 10 percent in 2020 and 20 percent in 2021, a 20 percent decline in endowment earnings, and an offsetting 10 percent reduction in spending on salaries.
· Arbery case exemplifies abuse of 'stand your ground,' but the damage is broad and systemic →
Georgia’s “stand your ground” law passed in 2006 amid a wave of similar policies advanced by the National Rifle Association, the business lobbying group American Legislative Exchange Council, better known as ALEC, and conservative lawmakers who were members of one or both groups.
· Micro Focus International: A High Beta Recovery Play →
Attractive risk/reward even with conservative projections.
· Macron announces plan to rescue French auto industry →
The idea is opposed by some legislators in Chancellor Angela Merkel’s conservative party and by an expert council of economists, who advised tax breaks and lower energy costs for all companies instead of singling out one industry for help.
· Elbit Systems (ESLT) CEO, Bezhalel Machlis on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
It’s too early to judge what will happen in the future, and because of that we are conservative, as Josi mentioned.
· Trump mocks Biden for wearing face mask as US coronavirus death toll nears 100,000 →
Mr Trump retweeted the image from conservative political analyst Brit Hume, who captioned the photo: “This might help explain why Trump doesn’t like to wear a mask in public.
· The Daily Dose: OPEC+ Chats Up A Rally →
The price for Urals, the Russian benchmark for the price of oil, is already above the bank's conservative estimate for the year.