“Constant” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· NHS on life support: Up to one in six will be on waiting lists by autumn as Covid-19 delays treatment →
Steve, who is supported by the charity Versus Arthritis, takes around 16 tablets a day just to take the edge of his constant pain.
· ‘No justice, no peace’: Thousands protest against racism across UK despite coronavirus warnings →
“Nothing has changed in hundreds of years, there’s constant oppression, systematic oppression, for too long people have felt comfortable to talk about something that is insidious and part of the fabric of our society today.”
· Timo Werner watch: Three things we learned as RB Leipzig suffer late equaliser against Paderborn →
Even against bottom-club Paderborn, who spent much of the game pinned to their heels, he was a constant pest out of possession, relentlessly buzzing between defenders, never allowing the opposition to settle and orchestrate attacks.
The New York Times
· Anger Benefits Some Americans Much More Than Others →
These constant sleights are unrelenting and exhausting.
· S&P 500 Earnings Update: 2021 S&P 500 EPS Still Above 2019 →
Averaging the 2020 and 2021 S&P 500 full-year EPS estimates, the 4% average growth rate has been constant now for 14 straight weeks.
· Pandemic pause opens window to a more contemplative world →
In our western world in which constant busyness and external accolades are so lauded, the greatest challenge could well be to let them go.
The China Post
· Mexican families struggle to send virus victims back home →
They are fiercely proud of their homeland despite problems that pushed them to emigrate, and they carry with them a constant hope to return one day, at the very least upon death.
· Dan Mullen Talks Recruiting, Virtual Tours, Transfer Portal, and Last Dance Doc →
Despite the constant bustling schedule, Mullen found time to sit down with world-renowned punter and now the host of his own podcast, Pat McAfee.
· The NFL did the unthinkable: it gave Donald Trump the middle finger →
Whether calling kneeling players “sons of bitches” or sending Vice-President Mike Pence to a 49ers-Colts just to storm out of the stadium after the anthem, or tweeting “STAND FOR THE FLAG” when he’s bored, Trump’s toxicity has been a constant in the NFL.
· Emma Hayes excited for future of Women’s Super League after Chelsea awarded title →
“The next one is a constant layering of building on what we’ve done.