“Continent” in the news
|across the continent|
|throughout the continent|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Israeli police tear down anti-Netanyahu protest camp →
The outbreak is now one of the worst on the continent.
· Is it safe to travel to Spain? How to stay safe on your holidays this summer →
Tourists across the continent have been holidaying in Spain since, boosting the economy and bringing hope.
· Latin America virus deaths pass US as Spain lockdown blocked →
And with cases surging in Latin America, the continent on Monday had officially declared a total of 144,758 deaths, passing the 144,023 recorded in the United States and Canada.
· 'Not banned it at all!' China's latest medicine list STILL includes wildlife ingredients →
Though illegal to poach and trade, pangolin meat is prized as a delicacy in parts of China, which has led to the underground black market force-feeding the animals to increase their weight and price, and, in some cases turning to the African continent to solve the problem.
· UK tries new campaign to prepare public for Brexit →
Advertisements under the “The U.K.’s new start: let’s get going” campaign will warn British tourists to get health insurance before traveling to the continent and offer advice on how to take pets abroad.
· Man City ensure UEFA's plans fails spectacularly to make Liverpool's life even tougher →
It means Pep Guardiola and co will be permitted to grace Europe's premier competition next term alongside Liverpool, Barcelona and the rest of the continent's big hitters.
The Rio Times
· Puebla Group Proposes Tax Reform and Basic Income in Light of Latin American Crisis →
It is also the continent most affected by the economic crisis caused - and exacerbated - by the coronavirus, with an estimated GDP drop of 9.4 percent in 2020, according to the International Monetary Fund .
· How Europe’s green pandemic recovery will push the rest of the world →
Europe, long the most progressive continent when it comes to tackling climate change, is doubling down on this ambition to revive pandemic-ravaged economies.