“Continent” in the news
|across the continent|
|throughout the continent|
Publications and example sentences
· Ryanair: Weak Load Factor And Low Air Traffic Will Be Major Issues In The Next Couple Of Years →
In the last two months, the spread of COVID-19 all around Europe pushed the continent’s major airlines on the brink of collapse.
The China Post
· Europeans soak up the sun but virus travel rules a mishmash →
Across the continent, a mishmash of travel restrictions appears to be on the horizon, often depending on where travelers live and what passports they carry.
· DO watch alone →
As his devoted father’s quest for justice uncovers secrets and spans continents, the FBI begins an international game of cat and mouse to catch those responsible for his son’s murder.
· Trump news – live: US deaths near 100,000 as president golfs and White House predicts unemployment to remain in double digits through election →
Forty-three of the continent's 54 nations have imposed containment measures, including lockdowns, bans on public gatherings, school closures and curfews.
· Flash estimate: global carbon emissions in early April 17 percent lower than before corona →
Scientific institutions from seven countries on three continents participated in the study, including the Berlin-based climate research institute MCC (Mercator Research Institute on Global Commons and Climate Change) and Technische Universität Berlin.
· Tracking Africa's coronavirus cases →
More than two months after Egypt became the first country in Africa to confirm a coronavirus case, the outbreak has reached every nation on the continent of 1.2 billion people.
The New York Times
· For Some Italians, the Future of Work Looks Like the Past →
Where until recently a return to the land seemed reserved for natural wine hipsters or gentry sowing boutique gardens with ancient seeds, more Italians are now considering the work of their grandparents as laborers on the large farms that are increasingly essential to feed a paralyzed country and continent.
· Former U.K. Prime Minister Tony Blair questions Trump's coronavirus strategy →
He said he was especially concerned about the impact of COVID-19 restrictions in Africa, a continent of 1.2 billion people, where, according to official data, the disease has had very limited health implications with just over 3,000 deaths.
· Sam Neill and Helena Bonham Carter star in short film Das Fone Hell from ‘Cinema Quarantino Productions’ →
Neill shared the short film from his Twitter account, explaining its “vast expense” and production across two continents.
The China Post
· In fight against virus, South Africa expects a long wait →
The country with the continent’s most developed economy also has its highest number of confirmed infections — more than 21,000, representing 20% of Africa’s total.