|across the continent||大陸中|
|throughout the continent||大陸中|
The New York Times
· How Do You Lead a State’s Coronavirus Response? Ask Her →
We had very elaborate ceremonies for him in three cities and two continents,” she said over the phone.
· COVID-19: US on threshold of 100,000 deaths →
Europe meanwhile has slowly started reopening businesses as outbreaks on the continent slow, but Italy and Spain lack the firepower of richer European nations to rebuild their economies.
The New York Times
· A €750 Billion Virus Recovery Plan Thrusts Europe Into a New Frontier →
The rare Franco-German proposal, floated last week, gave Ms. von der Leyen the top backing she needed, but a Dutch diplomat swiftly noted Wednesday that her plan would still meet resistance in the continent’s wealthy north, paving the road for fraught negotiations among leaders starting next month.
· The Sun Will Shine On Garrett Motion Again →
The continent has been hit particularly hard by the COVID-19 outbreak, and April saw the largest drop in new passenger car registrations in the EU since records began.
· Global report: EU countries block hydroxychloroquine, South Korea fears new spike →
As the EU unveiled a proposed €750bn (£673bn) recovery plan – the biggest EU stimulus package in history – to get the continent back on its feet after the economic devastation wrought by the pandemic, Latin America overtook Europe and the US in the number of new daily infections.
· Visa, Inc. (V) Presents at Sanford C Bernstein Strategic Decisions Broker Conference Call - (Transcript) →
And on the continent, we renewed BPCE, which is our largest issuer on the continent.
· Tanzanian president accused of covering up Covid-19 outbreak →
Magufuli has repeatedly played down the threat from the pandemic and refused to impose a strict lockdown as many other leaders on the continent have.
· Is American Airlines Worth Saving? →
American, Delta, and United are often called global airlines because they provide service on at least five continents as well as serve hundreds of small cities throughout the U.S.