“Country” in the news
|across the country|
|around the country|
|throughout the country|
Publications and example sentences
· Viral marketing: Indonesia’s president has a new rival →
Yet the government dithered as the virus made inroads, first through Jakarta, then throughout the country.
· ‘No one can self-isolate from climate change’; UK, French central banks urge action →
They said countries around the world were far from meeting their climate goals and the coronavirus pandemic had shown that reacting to a crisis at its height brought huge costs.
· India-China talks: India to seek restoration of Status Quo along the LAC, say experts →
This is as per the existing framework management between the two countries.
The New York Times
· What to Expect from the May Jobs Report: Live Updates →
Sonia Syngal, Gap’s chief executive since March, started the call by acknowledging the protests across the country and noted that the company has the chance ”to create a world that is more inclusive.” She noted that 20 of its stores sustained “extensive damage” as part of the protests.
· Mitron app, so-called desi TikTok alternative, is officially back on Google Play Store →
Launched by home-grown company OneTouch AppLabs, Remove China Apps was designed to identify the country of origin of apps installed on Android smartphones and also delete them all in one go.
· Thailand to tout 'trusted' tourism in coronavirus era →
The South-east Asian country, the first to report a virus case outside of China, wants to build on its reputation and remake its popular image as a destination for big tour groups.
· Singapore PM says investing heavily in R&D, building up Covid-19 vaccine-manufacturing capacity →
“Our researchers have developed a range of serological and nucleic acid based diagnostic tests, which have been deployed to over 20 countries,” Lee told the Global Vaccine Summit which was co-hosted by the UK government and Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance, via a video call.
The China Post
· Rights group says another Thai dissident abducted in SE Asia →
While some Thai dissidents managed to obtain political asylum in Western countries, others who lacked connections, documentation and funds were stuck after fleeing to Laos and Cambodia.
· Pakistan govt seeks explanation from aviation body on letter about PIA pilot's conduct prior to crash →
A peeved Pakistan government has sought an explanation from the country’s aviation authority about its letter suggesting that the pilot of the PIA plane which crashed last month in Karachi did not follow the instructions of the air traffic controller for landing, saying such information should be first provided to the inquiry board.
· Differently-abled join fight against COVID19, sew face masks, PPE kits for migrant workers, corona-warriors →
Prashant Agarwal, President, Narayan Seva Sansthan said that in view of increasing cases of coronavirus in the country, NSS handed over 700 face masks and 5 litter hand sanitizer to station superintendents for the safety of passengers and employees.