The New York Times
· Judge Who Asked Woman if She Closed Her Legs to Prevent Assault Is Removed →
“‘We’re all going to find you,’” Judge Russo said in a crowded courtroom, according to the court documents.
· French political power couple lose appeal against money-laundering conviction →
Patrick Balkany, 71, who appeared in the Paris courtroom without his wife, made no comment after the decision.
· Judge who told woman to ‘close your legs’ to prevent assault is removed from bench →
A New Jersey judge who said closing your legs could prevent sexual assault has been barred from presiding over a courtroom and dismissed from the State Supreme Court bench.
The China Post
· Nissan-Renault alliance to share more parts, technology →
Preparations were underway for a courtroom showdown when Ghosn fled to Lebanon while out on bail in late 2019.
· 'Welcome but overdue': Ex-ambassador says Leifer decision to heal Israel ties →
Manny Waks, an advocate for the victims, wrote on Facebook in a live blog from the courtroom: “Celebration.
· Arbery case exemplifies abuse of 'stand your ground,' but the damage is broad and systemic →
Cases never reach courtrooms with objective fact-finding procedures, he said.
The Japan Times
· Israel’s Michael Jordan has all the shots →
Netanyahu’s reputation for winning precedes him into the courtroom.
· A tale of two Trumps →
The answer may determine whether next year Trump ends up at the White House or at a New York courtroom.
· Russia seeks 18-year prison term for ex-US Marine in spy trial →
The trial, which began in March this year, has continued behind closed doors in a Moscow courtroom despite the coronavirus pandemic and diplomatic protests.