· A Traveller at the Gates of Wisdom by John Boyne review – an ambitious era-hopping epic →
Characters are reincarnated as a visionary craftsman explores his destiny in a story that roams from ancient Rome to Elizabethan London and beyond
The China Post
· Artist sees the world through eggshell canvas →
An eggshell craftsman (shifu) from Guangzhou, China explains that there is “a whole world to explore” from egg craft.
The Japan Times
· Put the top down on the convertible, City Pop on Vinyl event is here to soundtrack your Shonan Beach cruise →
Only two artists landed more than one song in the top 10, and of those two, pop craftsman Tatsuro Yamashita snagged three spots, which is unsurprising as he is synonymous with the genre both at home and abroad.
· Prince Charles home: How YOU can buy Charles’ former home - for staggering £3.5m →
The Prince of Wales website reads: “Bought in 2007 by the Duchy of Cornwall, the farmhouse was refurbished using local materials and the skills of Welsh craftsmen and women.
The New York Times
· House Hunting in Iceland: A Lakeside Cabin for Under $800,000 →
After buying the lot in 2006, Larus Helgason built the 2,271-square-foot wood house in 2009 alongside his college-age son, Bjorn Ragnar Larusson, now a structural engineer, and a few local craftsmen.