“Crisis” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Kandi Technologies Group (KNDI) CEO Xiaoming Hu on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
As you all know, the COVID crisis impacted business in China and around the world in the first quarter.
· Bolsonaro threatens WHO exit as COVID-19 kills 'one Brazilian per minute' →
Bolsonaro's dismissal of the coronavirus risks to public health and efforts to lift state quarantines have drawn criticism from across the political spectrum in Brazil, where some accuse him of using the crisis to undermine democratic institutions.
· Sunday trading laws could be relaxed to help economy recover from coronavirus crisis →
Sunday trading laws could be scrapped for a year to help the economy recover from the coronavirus crisis.
· Opec, Russia meet to extend record oil cuts, push for compliance →
The producers known as Opec+ previously agreed to cut supply by a record 9.7 million barrels per day (bpd) during May-June to prop up prices that collapsed due to the coronavirus crisis.
· Penjana will help empower Bumiputera entrepreneurs, says rural development minister →
“Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) with the help of consultants and experts will assist the institutions to get out of the crisis.
· Tens of thousands march to demand Mali leader steps down →
Holding the election was seen as a step towards solving the country’s crisis.
· Buy V.F. Corporation For Its Solid Position And Outlook →
The stock has dropped more than 50% due to the coronavirus-related crisis as lots of retail stores were forced to close their doors, and people will probably cut their discretionary spending during the recession.
· Wall Street rallies to end higher on surprise US jobs report →
Airlines, among the hardest hit by the coronavirus crisis, soared, with the ARCA Airlines index jumping 5.7 per cent.
The New York Times
· Cities Ask if It’s Time to Defund Police and ‘Reimagine’ Public Safety →
One model that members of the Minneapolis City Council cite is Cahoots, a nonprofit mobile crisis intervention program that has handled mental health calls in Eugene, Ore., since 1989.
· Singapore must prevent a ‘Covid Generation’ as world takes long road to recovery, says DPM Heng →
Heng noted that the world took eight to 10 years following the Great Depression and Global Financial Crisis to recover to pre-crisis unemployment levels.