· S&P 500 Weekly Update: The 'Bull' Is Alive As Equities Break Out Of The Trading Range →
It was the biggest annual decline ever in pending home sales due to the coronavirus crisis.
· Altria Represents One Of The Safest Ultra-High Yields You Can Find Today →
While all analyst growth estimates can be volatile, Altria's consensus has indeed been falling steadily over the past two years as it's faced one crisis after another.
· ‘No logic’: World reacts to Trump’s decision to cut ties with World Health Organisation →
Mr Trump has repeatedly said the WHO failed to respond properly to the coronavirus crisis and, on Friday, accused it of being under the “total control” of China.
· Govt's decision to revise MSME definition was long due; relief amid coronavirus to boost investments →
With increasing the scope of MSMEs and additional reliefs announced, the Government has attempted to buffer the hit that the MSME sector is experiencing during the COVID-19 crisis.
· Dr Noor Hisham: Only 30 new Covid-19 cases recorded today, 10 are Malaysians →
“Per the National Crisis Preparedness and Response Centre, no deaths have been reported today.
· Wing and a prayer: the bizarre Chicken Church of Java →
But add a catalysing crisis, epiphany or “calling”, and you’re away.
· 'Things fall apart': the apocalyptic appeal of WB Yeats's The Second Coming →
As the world is wrenched out of joint by the coronavirus pandemic, many people are turning to poetry for wisdom and consolation, but “The Second Coming” fulfils a different role, as it has done in crisis after crisis, from the Vietnam war to 9/11 to the election of Donald Trump: an opportunity to confront chaos and dread, rather than to escape it.
· 'A summer unlike any other': heatwaves and Covid-19 are a deadly combination →
The city is also seeking to help more people pay for electricity this summer, as the unemployment crisis leaves thousands of New Yorkers without the means to make rent and utilities.
· Trump wants America looking at the stars as he drags it through the gutter →
The president is due to attend the rescheduled launch of a manned SpaceX rocket – a welcome diversion from the coronavirus crisis
The New York Times
· In Some Nations, Coronavirus Is Only One of Many Outbreaks →
Health officials are now bracing for a repeat of last year’s crisis in Honduras, when the hospital systems in some regions were overflowing with gravely sick dengue patients, many of them children.