“Critic” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· The great writer of dread, Shirley Jackson, finally gets a movie that befits her legacy →
The critic and scholar Stanley Hyman refused to read his wife’s 1959 novel The Haunting of Hill House because he was too frightened.
· ‘A giant mistake’: Police jeopardized more than protesters’ civil rights with crackdowns →
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell spoke against Floyd's death but has been accused of hypocrisy and insincerity in his response, with critics pointing to the way the league handled Kaepernick's protest against police brutality in 2016.
The China Post
· Luminaries Lost: A look at some of the artists lost to virus →
Sorkin was an architect but was better known for his writings in books and as a critic for publications including the Village Voice and the Nation.
· 'A big morale boost’: Former minister says country should spend £100 million on new royal yacht →
asks one critic of proposal
· Racism doesn’t start with beating up black people on the street – it's much more insidious than that →
I’d already spent 20 years as a comedian where many producers and critics could never quite get past the colour of my skin or my unusual name – now, here I was, box-fresh in the publishing world to find that it was the same.
The New York Times
· Sweden’s Ex-Ambassador to China Is Tried Over Secret Meetings on Detainee →
The national government in Beijing often uses such accusations to target critics of the ruling Communist Party, and human rights activists said there was no evidence to indicate that Mr. Gui had broken the law.